Monday, January 21, 2008

“My life about football”


In high school I played football. I would join and play any sports, but FOOTBALL will always be my favorite sports because I have the experience playing football. Football is always fun and play against everyone. I have been playing football for 4 years. My goal was to keep myself in shape or feel young for football in college. I will remember that I wanted to play football at my old college but they didn't have football or I will live far from my old college. It took me few years for the right time and it has come and t is in my hometown San Bernardino Valley College. So, I decided to join the football team at San Bernardino Valley College. I really missed playing football. As soon as I was part of the team I realized that the players were young. I thought the team will be mixed of ages but it wasn't since I thought college was about any ages. I felt weird but I made it through the football season of 2007.

I felt about hearing culture and deaf too. I have been with hearing team players and I thought how we can communicate. I was very glad that they were more understanding and learned some basic sign language to keep simple communication with me like, what's up, wave hands, and hello.

My coach really got frustrated with me; I understood how his felt because I was frustrated with the coach. The coaches were not used to sign language interpreter. I did not feel close to the teacher "Coach" because I know what it is to be with football that is both DEAF COACH OR DEAF TEAM PLAYERS. It was so much easier for me get understand them that will show emotion and feeling. My Deaf coach knows that we can keep eye on the ball or tackle the ball. In the hearing football team I will make mistake because it is hard to tell and follow the coach for the plays of code football. There are so much difference of the code between Deaf football team and hearing football team.

San Bernardino Valley College football coach was wonderful, hard worker with me and another team players. I have been patient through the football season and did not give up. They told me that they would like teach me during off season to practice and study to learn so I will be ready for next football seasons of 2008.

When I look at other people and know that we are the same human being , just that I can't hear and speak. It is like a hearing people that don't know how to sign or what it is like to be a Deaf.

I am looking forward to Fall 2008 and play Defense line for San Bernardino Valley College because it is easy and basic for me.

I wanted to thank you the coaches at San Bernardino Valley College to let me to be part of the football season of 2007.

No comments: